Cognitive Remediation Services
Helping you to become more functional and productive
Through a variety of brain exercises and routines targeted at stimulating cognitive functioning, we help clients rebuild mental skills and learn strategies to compensate for impairments.
Examples of targeted areas are:
1. problem solving
2. organization and planning
3. learning and memory
4. attention and processing speed
5. visual processing
6. language skills
Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy (CRT) helps individuals relearn cognitive skills that have been lost or altered due to brain damage or changes in brain chemistry. CRT focuses on both the recovery of skills as well as the teaching of new skills to compensate for lost cognitive functions. This is accomplished through use of computer programs, workbook activities and hands-on tasks with guided feedback by our cognitive remediation specialist.
CRT typically consists of 4 components:
1. Education: Instruction about cognitive weaknesses and strengths to develop awareness, insight and understanding.
2. Process Training: Retraining of specific cognitive skills with a focus on recovery and resolving problems.
3. Strategy Training: The use of internal (mental) and external (environmental) strategies to compensate for problems.
4. Daily Activities Training: The application of these skills to everyday life to improve daily functioning.
Links and resources:
Society for Cognitive Rehabilitation
To schedule an appointment, please contact our Office Manager, Jan Holland, at: